Monday, May 14, 2012

Compare and Contrast

As in my previous blog posts, I have talked about how music affects a person’s mood and behaviors. In this blog however, I will compare types of music. I will compare country music vs. pop music and heavy metal music vs. classical music.

Country vs. Pop
Many of the country songs today, are mostly about alcohol, beaches, and girls. Whereas Pop songs are mostly about sex, drugs, alcohol, and women.  Songs themselves make it seem as they are innocent but as we look at the lyrics then we see what we are exposing ourselves to.

As we notice, some pop singers have gone country who now sing both pop and country. Singers such as Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift are some examples of singers that both do pop and country. Now knowing this, which is better to listen to...country or pop? If we listen to country, what songs would we listen to? If we listened to pop, what songs would we listen to? Are either one of those good for us to listen to or should we expand our music variety?

Heavy Metal vs. Classical
We would think that heavy metal music and classical music are complete opposites right? Little did I know, that they are actually similar. According to Mail Online, they are quite similar because “they share virtually identical personality traits.” I could not believe this when I read it but as I kept reading, I found that heavy metal music listeners and classical music listeners are “creative, high self esteem, introverted, and at ease with themselves.”

Shocking huh? I was amazed at what I had learned.

Describes personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment