Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Personal Input On Music

My Personal Thoughts

As a blogger, I truly do believe that music does affect my mood. I am one of those kinds of people that thinks if they don’t have music they will die.

If I am in a good mood I will listen to songs that have a good, upbeat, happy feeling such as We Are Young by Fun or I’ll listen to Adele’s songs. If I am in a sad mood I will listen to What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts and Because of You by Reba McEntire.

I did not think that I was affected by the music until I began doing my research. Little did I know that I was listening to certain musics based on my mood at that specific moment. As I searched deeper I found shocking results that I have discussed in my previous posts.

I have found that some people believe that the shooters of the Columbine High School shooting was influenced by the music that they listened too. This surprised me because as a listener to all types of music, I didn’t think that music can be the cause of why people act the way they do.

If you were to go through my iPod, you will find that I have many genres of music. I have an alternative music, contemporary country, hip hop/rap, pop, R&B soul, and many more. I make playlists on my iPod and name them based on what kind of music is in that playlist without even realizing that I have certain songs for certain moods.


4 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are able to express your thoughts on music. I personally have an eclectic taste in music. I love everything from opera to punk. I'd like to see you link the reference to Columbine to some more information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! What songs do you specifically listen to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ariel Faith---
      I listen to a variety of songs such as Luke Bryan's Drunk on You to When Your Young by 3 Doors Down to even Stronger by Kelly Clarkson.

      Delete