Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Top Ten Songs

In this post, I will tell you the top 10 songs that people are listening to today and I will explain the kind of behavior this kind of music influences.

According to Top Ten Songs, the top ten songs listened to this week are:

  1. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
  2. Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye featuring Kimbra
  3. We Are Young by Fun.
  4. Pay Phone by Maroon 5 featuring Wiz Khalifa
  5. Boyfriend by Justin Beiber
  6. Wild Ones by Flo Rida
  7. Where Have you Been by Rhianna
  8. Starships by Nicki Minaj
  9. Dance Again by Jennifer Lopez featuring Pit Bull
  10. Back In Time by Pit Bull

What do all of these songs have in common? How about we take a look into each of these songs and see.
  • Call Me Maybe, some of Jepsen’s lyrics are “Your stare was holdin, ripped jeans skin was showin, hot night, wind was blowin, where you think your going, baby?”
  • Somebody That I Used To Know, some of the lyrics are “Now and then I think of when we were together, like when you said you felt so happy you could die, I told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company, but that was love and it's an ache I still remember”
  • We Are Young, some of the lyrics are “Give me a second II need to get my story straight My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the empire state my lover she is waiting for me just across the barMy seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar and I know I gave it to you months ago I know you're trying to forget but between the drinks and subtle things the holes in my apologies you know I'm trying hard to take it back so if by the time the bar closes and you feel like falling down I'll carry you home”
  • Pay Phone, lyrics are “If happy ever after did exist I would still be holding you like this And all these fairy tales are full of it”
  • Boyfriend, lyrics are “If I was your boyfriend, never let you go Keep you on my arm girl, you'd never be alone I can be a gentleman, anything you want If I was your boyfriend, I'd never let you go.”
  • Wild ones, the lyrics are “No doubt by the end of the night Got the clothes coming off Then I make that move Somehow, someway, gotta raise the roof, roof All black shades when the sun come through”
  • Where Have You Been, lyrics are “I've been everywhere, man Looking for someone Someone who can please me Love me all night long I've been everywhere, man Looking for you babe”
  • Starships lyrics are “So give me more, more, 'till I can't stand Get on the floor, floor Like it's your last chance If you want more, more”
  • Dance Again lyrics are “I'm a ol' dirty dog all day No way JoséYour girl only go one way, ay mi madre!You should check that out Maybe you ain't turn her out Maybe it's none of my business But for now work it out Let's get this”
  • Back In Time lyrics are “Let's excuse me baby Go, Yeah you baby Back, Ooh you groovy baby In, let's make a movie baby Time, excuse me baby Let's, yeah you baby Go, Ooh you groovy baby Back in, let's make a movie baby, Time It's Mr Worldwide, Agent A, Reporting live From Cape Canaveral, MK, Big Syphe Let's ride”

After looking at all of these lyrics, now you can see what all the songs have in common. They all make references to sex and drinking. We primarily think that a song is good based on the singer but if we look at the lyrics we will be shocked.

These songs that are the most listened to songs prove that the songs we listen to do affect our behaviors and moods.

We need to make sure that we look at the lyrics and determine if the songs are good or bad influences.

17 May 2012 -- Top 10 Songshttp://www.top10songs.com/ of the Week -- Chart 00514
This
Week
Last
Week
SongArtist
12Call Me MaybeCarly Rae Jepsen
21Somebody That I Used To KnowGotye Featuring Kimbra
33We Are YoungFun. Featuring Janelle Monae
45PayphoneMaroon 5 Featuring Wiz Khalifa
54BoyfriendJustin Bieber
66Wild OnesFlo Rida Featuring Sia
79Where Have You BeenRihanna
87StarshipsNicki Minaj
9--Dance AgainJennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
1010Back In TimePitbull
Chart of top songs listened to.

1 comment:

  1. Beth I only listen to the song by Nicki and Flo Rida songs. I am really surprised that Bieber didn't make it further up the charts.

    ReplyDelete